Saturday, September 6, 2008

believe it or not, I have never used a photo enhancing/altering software. I have corrected red eye in shutterfly/kodak, etc, but never altering the image, per say. Perry suggested converting to B & W...I finally downloaded the software that came with my camera....figured out how to convert to B & W but not how to keep the eyes as is. maybe someone can suggest what you use? I can take B & W, sepia on the camera but the original was normal, color, with flash. so, here is the converted B & W. now all I need is your feedback and suggestions on what software would be best to allow me to convert only portions of the photograph.

oh, and thanks, if I forget to tell all of you how much fun this has been since I started the photo page. if you read back to previous posts, my love of photography comes from my Dad. I don't own other lens and usually just point and shot. I wonder what sort of photos I could take if I really invested in it...but thanks!!


1 comment:

Perry said...

I think your first conversion is a great success! Being B&W make the hair stand out, so to speak. You need not *pay* for software for conversions and basic editing. Go to http://www.picnik.com/ and you can do a lot online for free. I use it when not at home and it is great and amazing what you can do. It does have its limitations but for free.....You can even do the eye thing on the cat, though take it slow. Good job and by the way, you don't need a different camera. Just keep taking pictures.