Saturday, November 29, 2008

whew!


we had a great trip to IL....I took many more but here are a few to share what we did. the first one is a photo taken with the self timer on my camera....we are wearing 3D glasses. my niece's school offered to have an entire theater to ourselves as long as we had 100 people to see BOLT. it was a great movie! I recommend you go and see it, young and old.



the next day, we went downtown to visit The Art Institute of Chicago®


there was an entire section devoted to miniature rooms.


below is the inside of a mini cathedral.


(to see more, visit Thorne Miniature Rooms)




below: A Sunday on La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat




below: Nighthawks by Edward Hopper




below: sorry!, can't remember the name but thought it was amazing.


below:
Paris Street; Rainy Day by Gustave Caillebotte




below:

American Gothic by Grant Wood




below is a photograph when we left and headed to a great pizza place called....


I was disappointed, however, that we were unable to view any Van Gogh or Monet, two of my favorites. my son also had hoped to see Andy Warhol works as he had just studied him in his art class. the impressionism wing and modern art portion were not open to the public at this time.
and last but certainly not least, the hallow cavity of our turkey after the stuffing was removed.

what did you do this holiday?

2 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Holy smoke! You guys really assulted that turkey.

Perry said...

Now that was a holiday! Thanks for sharing all the photos and especially like the night photos of the buildings. I wish I had access to images like that!

Perry's Daily Photo Blog
Perry's Black & White Photo Blog